Hi! Long time no see. Several things could be said about why I’ve been away, but mostly life happened. I’m slowly getting myself organized again. Instead of going into all that how about I just get on with things?!
I have been sponsored by a friend for my first two Spartan Races! I will go on to do my third race to finally achieve getting my Trifecta Badge of Honor! So I will be posting a lot more about my training and badass endeavors. But first… Let me explain a little more about what Spartan Races are and why I’m excited to do them.
In case you don’t know about Spartan Races allow me to explain. Somewhat. Spartan Races are full of obstacles such as walls of fire, javelin throwing, and almost always crawling through muddy water under wire. What’s more, it’s about just finishing. All the racers are in is together. Can’t make it over an climbing wall? That Spartan at the top will reach down and help you. You can’t lose.
Unless you give up.
I will not give up. I will live up to the Spartan Code (from the website):
WORDS TO LIVE BY:
- A Spartan pushes his/her mind and body to the limit
- A Spartan masters his/her emotions
- A Spartan learns continuously
- A Spartan gives generously
- A Spartan leads
- A Spartan stands up for his/her beliefs, no matter the cost
- A Spartan knows his/her flaws as well as his/her strengths
- A Spartan proves himself/herself through actions, not words
- A Spartan lives every day as if it were his/her last
I feel that this matches the person I am. Well, the person I was. I faltered for a while. Lost my ambition after hitting a brick wall over and over again. So now I’m going to train to overcome those walls! So there.
I’ve started training again. I’ll be posting more about that as I go along. For now, I’ll just wrap this up here. It’s getting late and sleep is just as important for health as exercising is!
It’s good to be back, by the way!